Question : Problem: Enterprise backup software and hardware recommendations

I'm working with a network that stores 1.3 TB of crucial data. A large part of that crucial data is on a server with an external IBM EXP 300 RAID with 820 GB of total space and 286 GB of free space. This RAID device is filling up with video files at a rate of 3-10 GB a week. We are also looking at installing Exchange on a server but we would need no other backup agents (SQL and MySQL database is exported nightly and we would just include in the selection list). Currently only about 20GB of the data is being backed up to tape. We have a Scalar 100 Adic Tape Library with 29x37.9GB tapes > approximately 1 TB of storage.

I need a solution that will give me space for the future growth of these increasing WMV video files and a backup solution that will grow with it. I've read that the Scalar 100 Adic Tape Library is capable of carrying up to 72 tapes.

Any suggestions

Answer : Problem: Enterprise backup software and hardware recommendations

I think a better fit in this case is a NAS filer such as from NetApp. It is a solid mature product with very high reliability and lower cost in $ and time for administration.

http://www.netapp.com/products/storage-networking/nas/index.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us