Question : Problem: Restore Contacts

I am running Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k3 server.  I am also running Backup Exec 11d with the Exchange module.

Today, a user accidentally deleted his contacts and I need to restore them.  I have tried numerous times but have failed because the server that the backup software is installed on runs out of disk space when it tries to create some image or something.  After it fails I go the the temporary folder and delete everything in there and it frees up 2 gigs of space.

Can someone tell me how to restore this users contacts?

Thanks,
Mike

Answer : Problem: Restore Contacts

Look in his deleted items?

Also, try restoring your users mailbox to a temp mailbox on the Exchange server.  You do the following:

- Create a temp user in AD, make sure to create a mailbox in Exchange for him.
- Open BE 11 and run a restore
- THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A BE LICENSE FOR EXCHANGE!!!  Use the File Redirect option in the restore to point to the temp users new mailbox in exchange.
- Extract the contacts via Import/Export
- Take that PST to the user and change their Outlook to NOT automatically emtpy deleted items, if that is the case.  If they deleted the items from their contacts and then cleared them from their Deleted Items, slap them with a backhand and take away their computer privileges.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us