Question : Problem: Screen goes blank after booting up to XP logo

I have a GeForce 7900 GS graphics card on my desktop which has a MSI K9N SLI Platinum motherboard with dual core processor,  and I connected a component cable using the dongle which came with the graphics card to see if I can use my Sharp LCD HDTV as a monitor. It did not work. The screen was greenish and the display resolutions didnot work. I could still see the desktop and what not, just that the screen was all green. I then unhooked the component cable and connected the TV to the desktop using a DVI cable. I knew it worked on my old LCD TV, but today, It went uptill the Windows XP logo screen on bootup and then the screen just dies.  I tried to test the desktop on a "regular" monitor and the same stuff happens. Screen dies after I go up to XP logo screen.

Like said, I can still use the component cable and connect my desktop to get into windows, even though its green all over.

What I need to do is to be able to go back to using my desktop to my regular monitor. Any suggestions? I looked at all the BIOS options and couldnt find anything that made sense to me. I also did a reset of the CMOS hoping that it would forget I ever connected the damn tv to it.

I have also posted this is in the NVidia forums but fearing the response rate is low up there I figured I will post up here aswell.

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Screen goes blank after booting up to XP logo

After booting when the XP screen seems to hang, just pull the DVI plug from where it's plugged into and plug it into the other DVI.  If it's switched to the other DVI port, this would show you.  You could potentially just leave it plugged into the second port, although that one might not show you the BIOS setup screen or once you are in Windows you should be able to use the Windows display properties to point everything to one DVI or the other.

If it's booting to the component out, you could probably use that to get into Windows and then set the Display properties to point everything to the one screen.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us