Question : Problem: Retrieving email address

A PC that I am working on 'had' an email account for many years. She always used the same AOL account and when she sent out her daily emails to all her friends, she would BC everyone for obvious reasons.

Her PC fell ill and had to be wiped and everything re-installed.

while this was happening, she was attending to her father in the hospital. She didn't have time to check her emails and they were piling up to the point where they were being returned as mailbox full.

When she finally got a chance to log on and check her email, AOL had canceled the account due to the flood of undeliverables.

Is there any way for her to retrieve her lost address book?Either from an old email which I have several of in a folder on my computer or by somehow pulling it off her old PC that was wiped with some utilitiy?

thanks in advance!

Answer : Problem: Retrieving email address

You could probably retrieve the emails but it would be an very expensive and time consuming.  The old emails that were BC won't have any other email addresses visable in them.  The data that was on the hard drive that was wipped might be recoverable but that is always a time consuming and expensive process. The only think I might suggest is to ask AOL if they keep any kind of a sent log.  Then maybe she can recover some of those email addresses via that sent log.  They might still have that information even though the account has been closed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us