Question : Problem: Can I upgrade my processor?

Hi, I have an Intel Pentium 167Mhz Processor on an Intel Corp. 7C430HX Motherboard/Serial#U03118141. I'm wondering if I can upgrade my processor to a Intel Pentium 233Mhz. I found an Intel Pentium 233Mhz W/MMX CPU with Heatsink/Fan Socket 7 on Ebay and don't know if it's compatible with my computer. Can you tell me what my computer can handle?
Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Can I upgrade my processor?

From Intel: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/tc430hx/tc_confg.htm#2

"Note 1:
Pins 1 and 4 are not present in jumper block J10C1-D on some versions of the Intel TC430HX Motherboard product. Where a pin listed above in the settings for J10C1-D is not present, no jumper needs to be installed.

Example: When installing a 200 MHz processor, follow the settings for J10C1-C (1-2, 5-6), and install a jumper on 5-6 of J10C1-D. If pin 1 is not present on J10C1-D, no jumper needs to be installed between pins 1 and 2. "

So just ignore that other jumper.  You'll just need to get a fan for it. Any computer hardware store should have them lying around, and they'll cost next to nothing.  You can always order one online, but you're better to callyour local computer store and se if they have any.  (socket 7 heat sink/fan combo)

Regards,

Savant
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us