Question : Problem: Options for receiving email on BlackBerry

We are using Exchagne 2003 and BlackBerry 8830s. We don't want to get BES so I would like more details on different ways to receive email on a BlackBerry. Is there a way to get contacts and calendar pushed to the device without the BES? I know that I can connect it to OWA and the BlackBerry software has the redirector on it so what are the diferrences between these two? If possiable I would like calendar and contacts to be pushed to the devices. I would like any mail sent from the BlackBerry to show up in the users Outlook Sent Items. I don't want the Inboxes to be synchronized, they want to delete the item on the BlackBerry but not delete in Outlook. Not sure if these are possiable with the redirector or OWA. I couldn't find any documents that clearly define what you can and can't do when connecting to OWA with a BlackBerry so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Answer : Problem: Options for receiving email on BlackBerry

One suggestion, if its a small environment, sometimes a high end PC will do the trick until you get the budget in line.  Normally the features of a blackberry attract more and more people to want them then you get the new server for the BPS. Or better yet get a server and go virtual with VMware and use it for more than BPS.

As for the the OWA setup here is a quick set of instructions:

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2005/05/how-to-receive-email-on-your-blackberry-from-outlook-web-access-account/

As for the sent items, if you are using OWA they will show up in Outlook sent item folder.

For the delete, most people want it deleted in both places! With BIS version 2.3 it is now possible for it to delete both places.  But to answer your question, for the delete only to happen on the bb device, you need to configure that on the device, go to Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation, then select only Handheld as option.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us