Question : Problem: How can I prevent ActiveSync from deleting files from the device if they have been removed from the PC?

I have a problem with the ActiveSync software from Microsoft.  The issue is that I need to make sure that the data on the "Device" is never deleted by the activesync software if the data is missing or has been deleted from the PC it is syncing to.

The software is set to sync from the device to the PC but it is deleting files off the "Device" if it is missing from the PC.  

Is there anyway to prevent this?  

Example of my problem:  I create a text file on the device and sync it.  It pops up on the PC I can edit the file on both devices and it will show a conflict and allow you to pick the one you want to keep.  If I delete the file on the PC and then re-sync the devices the file is immediately deleted with out asking if you want to keep the file and I need to prevent that from happening.

-Thanks in advance

Answer : Problem: How can I prevent ActiveSync from deleting files from the device if they have been removed from the PC?

I was looking up some resources and was surprised to see this:

---------Question
Is there a way to make ActiveSync synchronize one way (handheld
overwrites desktop, etc)? I use this feature with my Palm and
PocketMirror quite frequently but have switched to a Smartphone.
----------

----------Answer
Nope, not with ActiveSync alone. I believe both Intellisync (Pumasoft?) and
PocketMirror (Chapura) for SP will let you do this. Note that they extend
the functionality of AS, they don't replace it. I haven't used them, but my
guess is you connect via AS and don't select any items to sync, and then set
up what you really want to do with the other product.
---------

So there you have it, I am surprised myself but apparently activesync can't do a 1 way sync!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us