Question : Problem: How do I recreate a broken mirror?

I have an IBM Server using with 2 identical drives.  They are split into 3 partitions. 30GB, 50GB 70GB, C, F, O respectively.  After a power cut, I look and there are 6 partitions.  In Disk manager, the 2 drives are shown with identical sizes.  When a created a new folder under C it was not reflected on it's mirrored counterpart.  In device manager I have the following;
Intel 82801GB Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
Intel 82801GB Ultra ATA STorage Controller - 27DF.  I do not think these are raid controllers.
It would seem that luckily, I have lost the RAID controller but my data is still safe and the Server still boots.  What can I do to recreate the mirror?

Answer : Problem: How do I recreate a broken mirror?

I've done this without scrubbing the drives.  You state that the raid controller was lost, so I am assuming it is hardware.  Is it a card?  If the controller blew on the motherboard you pretty much need an identical mobo.  If it is a card and no longer is found, replace the card.  If it is a mobo raid, make sure that it didn't get reset to off in the BIOS before looking for another motherboard.

That said, all you have to do is go into the raid utility and tell it to mirror, it will tell you that all data will be destroyed on the second drive, say yes and it will rebuild.  Based on disk size, I would suspect it will take some time to rebuild the mirror.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us