Question : Problem: Calendar Sync was working fine until Exchange Server entered the picture

I have a BB 8130 Pearl.  I was syncing it with my PC, no problem.   My PC (XP Pro SP3) was set up with the screen that shows sign in's for stuff such as Mom, Dad, etc.   Just recently I had my laptop joined to a domain, so the login changed to the typical business login process of ctrl alt del, etc.

The small server that I have in my office was set up by my IT person to now have BB exchange service, and in addition, I now have an email address and ID on the Exchange server.

We tested the email capability and I can receive email on the BB with no problem.  also sending is OK.

However, now that I want to synchonize my calendar on my local PC settings, the PC calendar is not updating for changes that I am making on the BB device.  Is this because I can only sync now when I am logged into the network?

This also begs the question of how do I move my local email activity into the exchange PC ID, (which I guess is a question perhaps for another forum).  Sync is my primary issue right now.

Answer : Problem: Calendar Sync was working fine until Exchange Server entered the picture

The problem is that your local User profile has changed, and all the data in it is not accessible to your new Domain User profile.

You will either need to export  from the previous user, and import into the new user or some other way transfer the data, perhaps using eh export on the BB desktop manager.

I hope this helps !
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us