Question : Problem: HP notebook with advanced docking station cannot utilize the dvi port.

Hello
I have an HP NC6320 laptop, a HP ADVANCED DOCKING STATION EN489AA#ABB docking station and 1 DVI monitor and 1 Analog LCD monitor.
In my previous setup I had an old old compaq n800v laptop and an hp port replicator.

in my old setup I was able to use the port replicator's analog and dvi monitor outputs at the same time to utilize my 2 monitors simultaneously in an extended desktop configuration, mind you, my old laptop did not have a DVI port and neither does my new one.

with my new setup, I cannot utilize the DVI port on the docking station. It only works with the analog monitor for some reason. Do I need to do something to enable it??
thanks.

Answer : Problem: HP notebook with advanced docking station cannot utilize the dvi port.

Though I am not familiar with HP's docks, since no one else has replied yet, I dug around a bit and found something you might find handy:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12075_na/12075_na.HTML

If you scroll down to the section labelled "Standard Features for HP Advanced Docking Station", under compatibility it mentions that DVI is not supported for HP Compaq 6100 and 6300 series, so it looks like you are out of luck unfortunately :(.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us