Question : Problem: dram frequency

I have just purchased some ocz2g10664gk ddr2 in 4 x 2gb combination for my p35c-dsr3 rev 2 gigabyte motherboard.

I dont necesarily want to overclock my q6600 intel 2.4 ghz cpu although saying that 2.8ghz would be nice and i assume a small overclock like that would not fry the thing or cause much problem.

My problem is that there is too much search related material sending me around in circles with reference to the dram speed.

The motherboard is confusing too.

its ddr 2 so i am thinking that the motherboard should show 533 against the dram freqency however it shows 800 with a heading of spd (i assume that means 400mhz base frequency) and alongside it shows io with 800.

the memory is supposed to be 1066 but with a core of 266 fsb i cannot seem to get 533.

its the bios thats confusing me.

if i set the board to 333 fsb i can get to 533 at 3 ghz oc but memtest reports errors.
i have anyway set the ddr volts to +.3 to give 2.1 ddr volts and upped by .1 everything else for stability.

I think i should go to core frequency and just get the memoiry right first.

does anyone have the p35 with the q6600 at stock with this ocz memory.
secondly could the change be made on msn with someone to guide me through it?

the second column on the bios which is the latest f12 confuses me as i dont know what i am seeing and weather if i see 1066 that that will be x2 or is the final frequency after the clock pulses have been doubled by the dram.

help would be much appreciated.

Answer : Problem: dram frequency

>> The Official DDR2 spec stops at 800MHz. <<
-> NOT true. - DDR2-1066 has had an official spec since Nov 2007.
http://www.jedec.org/download/search/JESD208.pdf
Now, whether that mobo, it's BIOS, or that RAM actually complies with that spec is another matter.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us