Question : Problem: Printouts do not have a glossy finish

Hi guys,

Just bought a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3055 for doing proofing.  The printout samples that I'm trying to match have a glossed finish over the print area, even though it's printed on a matte paper.  Just wondering if my printer isn't good enough to produce this result, or if it's a setting that I haven't chosen.

My prints come out with a dull, matte finish, and even a straight black printout is slightly grey.  I've been instructed to set my printer settings to have a Paper Type of "Heavyweight" but that doesn't seem to be changing anything??

Cheers,

Jayden

Answer : Problem: Printouts do not have a glossy finish

The C3055 does not produce glossy prints. The prints have a very slight sheen, but no gloss.

You will get better results if you use a good quality paper, or even a laser gloss paper. We use Mondi ColorCopy which comes in a variety of weights and produces excellent results. It's about A$20 per ream. I even prefer it over Mondi ColorCopy Gloss which is nice and glossy but not as white.

BTW make sure you don't use inkjet papers (gloss or otherwise) as they can damage the fuser in a laser printer.

Another point, the C3055 is not ideal for proofing. It's intended as a general-purpose office printer. The Xerox Phaser 7760 is much better - but also more than 3 times the price!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us