Question : Problem: Dell Inspiron 1100 - Audio Driver Installation Issues

I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP sp3 w/ all updates on my Dell Inspiron 1100, but cannot load the audio driver.

The driver I am attempting to install is the SIGMATEL STAC 9750 AC97, which was downloaded from Dell support site (Service Tag:  2K5WP31). http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_CEL_1100&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Based on research in this and other forums, I also downloaded and successfully installed:
 - the latest BIOS
 - the latest Chipset driver

When I attempt to install the driver using the installer, I receive this error:
"Installing C-Major Audio Driver and Applications --  Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again"

When I attempt to install the driver through the Device Manager using the Found New Hardware Wizard, I receive this error:
"Cannot Install this Hardware - There was a problem installing the hardware:  Multimedia Audio Controller -- An error occurred during the installation of the device -- The data is invalid."

The prior "solution" posted implies that I need to reformat and reinstall Windows XP from scratch again, which is what I hope to avoid.

Any suggestions?

Answer : Problem: Dell Inspiron 1100 - Audio Driver Installation Issues

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us