Question : Problem: Assigning Static IP address to Linksys Broadband G router to work as an Access Point

I have a wireless linksys router connecting to a thomson modem...
i want my linksys wireless router to work as an access point so all computers connected to the modem directly or through the linksys router be on one network (share files, printers , etc)

My Question>>>>>>>
I understand that that Disabling  DHCP Server and assigning static IP will make it as an access point. But on what basis should i choose the following
Internet IP Address:    
Subnet Mask:  
Gateway:
Static DNS 1:
Static DNS 2:
Static DNS 3:
Local IP Address:

BTW: Modem IP is 192.168.1.254 and i want it to act as the router for the network (its on router mode)

Answer : Problem: Assigning Static IP address to Linksys Broadband G router to work as an Access Point

See what the DHCP scope for the Thomson modem is (likely 192.168.1.100 up to 149, but I am just guessing based on my own experience). Assuming such, set your wireless router for 192.168.1.1 with a gateway of 192.168.1.254. Use the DNS your ISP provides or something like 4.2.2.2. You only need one. It doesn't need and Internet address - your modem does that and your modem is the router/DHCP server (by your post information). ... Thinkpads_User

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us