Question : Problem: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: sonysdx-VRTS

I am unable to get Veritas to do any type of backup. i get the following error while backup

5/16/2006 2:27:11 PM - end writing; write time: 00:30:15
5/16/2006 2:27:13 PM - Critical bpbrm(pid=1580) from client server01: FTL - tar file write error (10054) media write error(84)
5/16/2006 2:27:14 PM - Error bpsched(pid=617) backup of client server01 exited with status 84 (media write error)

However, I am getting an error when I boot up.  It is event id 7026. "The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load.  Sonysdx-VRTS.

I went into the Sony utility and confirmed that the tape drive and the server are talking, and also did a read-write test.  All worked fine. Any ideas???

Answer : Problem: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: sonysdx-VRTS

See my comment here about the problem with backup exec not working right with Sony drives --
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Storage/Q_21853695.html

But your situation is more serious.  I would (1) backup all your tape catalogs on hard disk to another directory, (2) completely remove the BE software, (3) set a restore point (4) search the registry for any remnant Veritas BE keys and remove them until the registry is purged.  then (5) set another "cleaned" restore point, and then finally (6) either reinstall the software and hope for the best, or try Acronis backup software, which works.

You might look for driver updates for the Sony, but I think it is a problem with BE and sony drives.  Check the symantec website for any articles on this problem.  Good luck
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us