Question : Problem: Change Word Default ADF image size to 8.5"x11"

When inserting an ADF scanned document in MS Word 2000 using twain, the default page size is legal (8.5"x14"). When the HP Scan PrecisionScan Pro 2.0 software appears, I use custom insert and change the page size to letter (8.5 x 11). When I return to word the image size is legal ignoring the custom size.  How can I change the default ADF image size to letter size?

Answer : Problem: Change Word Default ADF image size to 8.5"x11"

i am assuming you are using the 6300 model series scanner

ISSUE: When scanning with the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) of an HP ScanJet 6200C or 6300C Scanner, a legal-size page is always scanned even if the scanned page is letter-sized or smaller.

WORKAROUND: Create a custom page size setting.

1. Scan a letter-sized image on the flat bed of the HP ScanJet scanner, not through the ADF.

2. Under Tools, select Dimensions.

3. Draw a cropping window around the scanned image, until the Selection Area dimensions are W: 8.50 and H: 11.00 inches.

4. Set resolution, output type, and other factors to the desired settings. You may have to deselect the output type from the text, in order to change the resolution.

5. Under Scan, select Save Settings, and give them a name.

6. Now load the ADF and try scanning.

7. When the paper in the ADF is detected and the ADF dialog box appears, select Load Settings and then select the setting name that was previously saved.

The HP PrecisionScan software will now scan all the pages in the stack on the ADF with the same saved settings.

CAUSE: No settings have been saved, and the HP PrecisionScan Pro software will always default to a legal-sized setting to accommodate the maximum paper size supported.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us