Question : Problem: ITunes restore

My hard drive crashed while doing a Norton Ghost clone.  

I am having to back up my music from ITunes which I did successfully.

How do I get ITunes to scan the computer for that music and podcast to restore it into the ITunes directory.

I cannot authorize the computer as I am at 5.  What to do?

Answer : Problem: ITunes restore

Wait wait wait... I'm sorry, I should read things a little more closely.  Here's the answer:

To deauthorize all computers associated with your account on OSX:

If you find you have reached 5 authorizations, you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen.

Click iTunes Store in the menu on the left side of iTunes.

If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.

Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.

In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.
Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers, or if you have used this option within the last 12 months. If you need assistance on using this feature, please contact the iTunes Store support via email (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/).

Windows Instructions:
Reset Authorizations

1. Start iTunes and go to the Music Store.

2. Click the button at top right that has your email address to access your account settings.

3. Enter your password and click View Account.

4. Scroll down and youll see a line that says, x machines are authorized to play music associated with this account. As you can see in the image below, Im at five authorizations again, and, well, by the conjunction of the stars, I have three working PCs again. Since Im full up with five, its offering to de-authorize them all. (The button does not appear if you have less than five.)

5. To set your authorizations to none, click Deauthorize All and then confirm it.

This neatly resets the computer you do this on, too, so youll need to select Store, then Authorize Computer before you can add purchased tracks or video to the PC.

Just as Apple tech support no doubt breathed a sigh of relief when this was introduced, I can breathe one myself as well. That wasnt nearly as painful as it used to be. Kudos to Apple for finally including this.

Deauthorize All Accounts
Deauthorize All Accounts

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us