Question : Problem: New AGP nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Video Card Seen As A Driver Conflict Within Device Manager

Hi Everyone:

Today, I installed a new AGP nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Video Card (Model 64/Model 64 Pro).  When I went into Device Manager, I noticed a yellow exclamation point for the driver entry for this display adapter.  Despite of using the cd which came with the card, I still could not make it appear like a normal entry.  

Of thoretical and possible practical interest, I did notice that BIOS accurately displayed the technical specifications of the card at bootup during POST.  Additionally, I noticed the driver entry for the AGP video is normal within Safe Mode, but, in sharp contrast, appears conflicting as indicated by a yellow exclamation point within Normal Mode.  

Since the operating system on this pc is Windows XP Pro SP2, I am wondering if I just simply need to obtain the SP2 drivers to fix this problem.  With respect to troubleshooting, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but, with no success in resolving what appears to be a driver problem.

Any help on this question will be appreciated.  I look forward to reviewing each response in detail.

Thank you

George

Answer : Problem: New AGP nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Video Card Seen As A Driver Conflict Within Device Manager

When you go to the device's Properties, what does it say is the specific error code/message?

Does a card of that age include drivers for Windows 2000/XP? Even if so, they're not going to be very recent. This is the latest one, does it help at all: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_78.01.html

Anton
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us