Question : Problem: Need to find a w/l router that can support 2 vpn sessions and file/print sharing

I have several wired and wireless computers, some on a domain, some in a workgroup.  I want to connect two of the clients to my corporate network, which means i need to run a cisco vpn on two pcs.  Prior to going wireless, I had a netgear router that allowed 2 machines to run the vpn, AND share files and printers between all machines without a problem.

I got a Belkin w/l router, and the file and print sharing works OK, but when the 2nd vpn app starts, the first vpn connection is dropped.

So, I got a Netgear w/l router.  Although it says that it can support 2 ipsec sessions, it drops the first connection when the 2nd client signs on. In addition, the machines can all share files and printers, but once I invoke the vpn on a single machine, all sharing stops. Netgear says that their router can do file and print sharing, but they don't 'support' it, so they won't answer any questions about why it doesn't work.

So, I think what I'm looking for it pretty simple.  I want to have multiple cisco vpn client apps running at once, and whether the vpn is on or off, or switches on and off, i want the other machines to be able to see everyone elses file and printers. And I need it wireless G.

Advice

Answer : Problem: Need to find a w/l router that can support 2 vpn sessions and file/print sharing

Well, it certainly sounds like something potentially in the Netgear with the wireless/wired bridging, and it certainly won't support two VPN's at once...

I don't think you'll have that problem with the Linksys..
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us