Question : Problem: ethernet wireless bridge WET 54G:  IPconfig seems to work, but cannot get to setup

I have a WET 54G Linksys Bridge (wireless to ethernet port/hardwire)

My colleague was able to access and set it up successfully using my laptop prior to my leaving for a business trip, which i'm on now.
(I;m at the location where i'll be using this for a month, the reason i got the bridge)
I have the same laptop but a different switch to interconnect.  Neither my laptop nor tower can "see" the device.  I"m using 192.168.1.226 as the IP address (in a browser window in addition to trying to PING).  Also, the wizard on the installation CDrom cannot see it.
I need help for steps to try to debug the connectivity.  I am optimistic that once i get connnectivity, it will work (it worked fine before leaving for this trip)
ANy suggestions?

p.s.  the non-visitbility is the same from either my tower or laptop.
From my tower(the one i'm trying to connect), interestingly, ipconfigure shows :
dhcp enabled
autoconfiguration ip addr 169.254.195.109 (compared with laptop's direct wireless connection here: 169.254.195.109)
subnet mask 255.255.0.0
default gateway 169.254.195.109  
So i'm guessing that there's some connectivity.
Also, the switch's port ethernet LED lights and extinguishes when i connect and disconnect the cable at the tower's connection

please suggest any debugging steps or corrective action...

thanks

Answer : Problem: ethernet wireless bridge WET 54G:  IPconfig seems to work, but cannot get to setup

Are you sure you have the correct power supply for it?

Also, check the RESET button and make sure it is not stuck down.

Otherwise, it sounds like the unit is dead.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us