Question : Problem: Very slow startup and constant freezes.

Start up until windows is completely loaded takes about 10 minutes. Before/during/after freezes shows no significant cpu useage change (remains at about 4%). Also memory is only at 300mb (1/6%) useage. Ive scanned for viruses with spybot and adaware and i turned up nothing. No visual hardware defects to the system (as far as i can tell).

Answer : Problem: Very slow startup and constant freezes.

I have seen to possible cause of this problem....1 there are so many applications starting at the startup of the machine that it takes time to load windows completely.....

To check wat application and services are running..... Go to start, click run, type Msconfig and click ok
This will open System config utility
Now click on services tab....just above ok, check the option Hide all Microsoft Services.... Now this will show u a list of all other services that starts with windows.. either you can do one by one and find out the one u dont need and uncheck them or simply uncheck all...the go to startup tab and click disable all
Click Apply, ok and reboot the machine.... time how long it takes now...

If it still takes alot of time ... notice the hdd, if it seems tat its blinking alot and sounding alot.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us