Question : Problem: Abit NF7 Series Motherboard wiring

With disk drives not being necessarily being as compatible to an exchanged motherboard I had hoped, I decided to eliminate doubt by simply building my own addtional PC systems, carefully marching the hardware and re-downloading software. However, even a well-written manual admits thin wiring bundle (botton right of the board) is a bit of a hit an` miss affair, even with aid from the manual.. I`m looking specifically at the Abit NF7, but I also have the KV7 cheaper chipset. If you don`t have aclear wiring map for this board area, please could you advise to save me loads of time fiddling with thse thin leads and avoid me doing some harm.
With thanks - Shaun A Leggott  

Answer : Problem: Abit NF7 Series Motherboard wiring

Those are signal-level connections, so you are not likely to destroy something if you wire it wrong.  The manual can be found here: http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/manual.php?categories=1&model=8

The important connections are power on and speaker; you also have reset, power LED and hard disk LED.  Look at page 3-14 (page 56) and you will see the layout of the front panel.

Power on is 2nd row, 3rd and 4th pins
Reset is 1st row, 3rd and 4th pins
power LED is 2nd row, 8th and 10th pins
Hard disk LED is 1st row, 1st and 2nd pins
speaker is 1st row, 8th to 11th pins

The connectors are usually labelled, but if they're not, you can trace them to what they are connected to.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us