Question : Problem: Looking for information on Toshiba LCD

I recently several business phones, the type made to connect to internal phone systems.  Since I don't think it's possible to make them work on a regular phone system, I was wondering if I could use the LCD display out of them and mount it in my computer, a project I've wanted to do for awhile now but haven't had the money to get a decent LCD.

I've read a fair bit about these projects, and searched on google for the information, but I can't seem to find out anything about this LCD, most importantly a data sheet or pinout for it.  Hopefully someone here can help me find this.

The phone is a Toshiba Model EKT6520A-SD, v.1A.

The LCD itself has 18 pins plus a seperate ground wire.  I'm not sure how many characters or lines the screen has, or if it is a dot matrix type, since I haven't seen it in use.  The screen area measures 6.5 cm x 1.5 cm.  It has 3 buttons on the side which are labeled on the casing as scroll, page and mode.

The PCB is labeled Toshiba TLC-492A.  There are two chips on the back.  One had a sticker which read Toshiba TLC-2492B.  Underneath the chip is actually labeled HD44100H, which is similar to the model I have seen in most of the LCD parallel port interface guides, but may or may not be compatible.  The other chip is labeled Toshia T7934.

Any information anyone can dig up about this LCD is greatly appreciated.  I really need information about it's pinout and interfacing it with the computer.  Finding out its capabilities would also be useful.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Looking for information on Toshiba LCD

Closed, 450 points refunded.
Netminder
Site Admin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us