Question : Problem: Symantec Ghost 8.0 does not detect SCSI hard drive

Hello everyone!
I've spent nearly all day at work trying to figure this out, and it 's time to go home.

Here's the specs:

Dell Precision Workstation 530 - latest BIOS (A11)
Integrated Adaptec AIC-7892 SCSI controller (BIOS version 3.10)
Fujitsu 18GB Ultra160 SCSI hard drive (known good)
this system has always booted to this controller and drive

Symptoms:  Symantec Enterprise Ghost 8.0 hangs with only the mouse pointer for about 20-30 seconds before displaying it's splash screen. Once you try to begin an image restore, it comes back with "No disk drives detected (525)"

The Adaptec BIOS clearly finds the disk at ID 0, and gives the specs upon system boot-up.
I have tried adding aspi8u2.sys and aspidisk.sys to my boot disk's config.sys, and the aspi8u2.sys finds the drive, but still no luck in Ghost.
I changed to a different SCSI hard drive, and that did not help.
I disabled the onboard 7892, and installed a 29160 card -- same problem resulted.

If your SCSI controller has a BIOS, and the BIOS options are set to allow boot, and have Int13 options enabled, it was my understanding that this allows DOS and Ghost to be able to see the drive without any extra drivers. I have always been able to use this boot CD with our Precision 330's, 340's and 360's (all 29160 SCSI based) and had no problem using Ghost.

I really need this system back up and running by next week, so any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Travis

Answer : Problem: Symantec Ghost 8.0 does not detect SCSI hard drive

It seems that it cannot load the proper SCSI driver, so cannot access to the SCSI harddisk.

Make sure Ghost Boot Wizard copied the correct SCSI driver to the bootup CD/floppy.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us