Question : Problem: We're running Blackberry Manager for 1 user.  They changed Blackberry device.  How to deal with that?

A user has a blackberry and we have blackberry manager running on our server.  They got a new device and wanted to enter that device in BBM.  I found this:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Handhelds_-_PDAs/Blackberry/Q_23790523.html

which says to just change the activation password and have the user activate their new phone with the password and their email address.  sounds good, but then they say to do a security wipe on the old phone.

2 questions:  is that activation password the 'right / easy / best' way to get the new device working?

and

how do you do a security wipe on the old phone?  I can right click on the user and it lets me wipe and disable the phone, but that will do that to the new phone.  are there keystrokes on the phone to do that?

Answer : Problem: We're running Blackberry Manager for 1 user.  They changed Blackberry device.  How to deal with that?

Setting the activation password is the easiest in my opinion. The alternative to this is to plug the phone into the server via USB and letting the BES detect the phone.

You do not specify as to what version of the Blackberry you are using. To wipe the handheld of a curve 8330 you go to options > security options > general settings and the click the key to the left of the trackball. Then select Wipe Handheld. When wiping the handeheld, you can wipe the entire phone, or just the phone and keep the applications installed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us