Question : Problem: ERROR Expansion ROM not Initialized-PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus: 06, Device:1D, Function:00

Hello when this Acer 5610Z laptop is turned on it shows the above errors. Also the same message with Device 1D, 1E, 1F.
ERROR Expansion ROM not Initialized-PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus: 06, Device:1D, Function:00

ERROR Expansion ROM not Initialized-PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus: 06, Device:1C, Function:00

ERROR Expansion ROM not Initialized-PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus: 06, Device:1E, Function:00

ERROR Expansion ROM not Initialized-PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus: 06, Device:1F, Function:00

When i resume the boot up process freezes when trying to load Vista. The installation is fine TESTED on another laptop. I have tried the bios (disabling/enabling) but no joy. The HDD, CPU, MEMORY have all been tested and working fine. This has got me totally stumped. I think the motherboard is at fault.

I did manage to got in to Windows 2-3 times and under NETWORK DEVICES it was showing up about 20 or so Network adaptors when there is only 2 installed.

Any help would be must welcome.

Thank you.

Answer : Problem: ERROR Expansion ROM not Initialized-PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus: 06, Device:1D, Function:00

Hello,

I have removed the Network Chip and now the problem has gone. It was actually a simple job.

Thank you for trying to help.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us