Question : Problem: Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached

Greetings,

First off thank you in adavance for any support and I have found these boards to be extremely helpful as I am a fresh out of school floor tech with minimal experience on the floor compared too some.

I have a user who is using an IBM Thinkpad T60 and is getting a nuisance of a message daily. The scenario breaks down to he was given a new battery (which we keep pretty standard across the board when ordering) and he receives an error/message balloon on the lower right portion of his screen. The balloon reads:

"Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached - The battery installed in this computer is not a genuine Lenovo battery..."

It shows as a black triangle with a white exclamation point and will not go away. While the user is by no means dead in the water with this message and his battery is functioning fine and holding power as it should, it has become a nuisance to him.

To date I have done some searching and most sources appear to be stemming back to the Power Management options which I have attempted to change/restore with no luck. I had also read of a possible registry edit at HKLM\Software\IBM but did not have the given folder past that level that the document was referencing.

He is running Windows XP and again if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached

All you need to do is go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall the Lenovo power management software. Reboot and the "error" should disappear. The Lenovo power management suite is not needed for your system to function properly.
David
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us