Question : Problem: HP JetAdmin Utility does not list printer.

I have a Laserjet 5si which was configured for another network.  I did a cold reset.  I now have a new IP address and the printer is configured.  I can ping both the IP and host name.  This printer has a jetdirect card, but when I go to the Jetdirect Admin Utility on the server it does not list this printer.  What do I need to do to see this printer?

Answer : Problem: HP JetAdmin Utility does not list printer.

If you are using Windows Xp or Windows 2000 you could try the following procedure:
Select:
Start -> Printers -> Add a new printer -> Local printer -> Skip autodetection -> Hp LaserJet 5si -> Add port -> Standard Tcp/ip port

and insert here the ip address assigned to your printer.

Not all JetDirect card are compatible with Standard Tcp/ip port monitor, sometimes you need to use Hp Network Install Printer Wizard (Hp JetAdmin utility has been discontinued) to install Hp Tcp/ip port monitor, available here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=27908&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&lang=en&cc=us

Remember to turn off firewall (installed by default with Windows Xp sp2) before using printer discovery feature, it could block network scan performed by the Hp utility.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us