Question : Problem: Hi, using ghost 2003 i cloned a 320GB XP Home to a 160GB HDD (both sata) the clone was successful but when booting to 160GB XP HDD It gets to the welcome screen then freezes. Any Ideas?

Hi, using ghost 2003 i cloned a 320GB XP Home to a 160GB HDD (both sata) the clone was successful but when booting to 160GB XP HDD It gets to the welcome screen then freezes. Any Ideas?  

All the data is there but the only problem seems to be booting to desktop

Answer : Problem: Hi, using ghost 2003 i cloned a 320GB XP Home to a 160GB HDD (both sata) the clone was successful but when booting to 160GB XP HDD It gets to the welcome screen then freezes. Any Ideas?

I've sometimes seen issues when cloning and changing the size at the same time. If possible first image your current large drive so you have a backup. Then use a partition manipulation utility like bootit-ng (the trial version is fully functional, you can use this tool to do everything, by the way, from cloning to imaging too) to resize your partition to around 160GB (preferably less). When that is done, reboot the PC to check if everything is still OK. If yes, do your cloning after that.

http://terabyteunlimited.com/
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us