Question : Problem: Compaq ML370 (first i believe i.e. not a g2 or g3 etc...) need to build array

Hey everyone,

I have a compaq ml370 g1 i believe (no markings to suggest any g.. so im going with g1 :)

dual PIII 933.

I have acquired it and want to use it as a test box to test some migrations i am doing for a client shortly.

I want to build windows 2003 standard on it.

I cant build the raid at all.. I have a smartstart disc but it does not look like it is specific to the ml370 even though it has AN option... repeat ONE single item referring toe the ml370 in its menu ... :)

I have gone to compaq/hp and when i try to get smartstart .. or basically ANYTHING for this server the drivers and downloads section actually tells me "No drivers or software to download". :(

Can someone please guide me. I have built diskettes with raid manager etc... from the smartstart i have.. but it says it cannot find a controller. it is there... and it spins the drives up. I am REALLY NOT bothered about using smartstart... i just want to build the array 2x 18gb's in raid 1 and 3x 72gb's in raid 5... and of course the drivers... so smartstart would be good IF possible.

can someone point me to where i can download an image for smartstart for this server or a decent place to get the correct drivers and array manager.

This was a live server that had the RAID trashed for data protection reasons before I acquired it.

MANY MANY Thanks

Romolo

Answer : Problem: Compaq ML370 (first i believe i.e. not a g2 or g3 etc...) need to build array

Here is the download for SmartStart 5.5:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us