Question : Problem: Combining PCI Express 2.0 card with PCI Express 1.0 slot

I have recently replaced my old Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb with Geforce GTX260 896MB. I am happy with the performance boost my games gained particularly Crysis which is one of the most graphic intensive games. My only concern though is that the card is attached to PCI express 1.0 of a 1 year old motherboard (XFX Nforce 650i Ultra) which could be a bottlenock since the new VGA card is PCI Express 2.0. Depending on the impact and the performance gain in upgrading to PCI Express 2.0 I was wondering if there is a pressing need to change my current motherboard

Thanks in advance

PS: Details of my system are listed in my profile

Answer : Problem: Combining PCI Express 2.0 card with PCI Express 1.0 slot

Remember, it only occurs at very high quality settings for Crysis, and 15-20% extra might not even be noticed in gameplay, especially if you are already at 100fps.  By this time next year, there will be two generations of new video cards which will improve performance by much more, if things progress as they have in the past.  So, you are left with the economic decision of spending X amount of cash for a slight improvement now, or spending perhaps the same for a greater improvement in the near future.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us