Question : Problem: Mistakenly initialized second hard disk in windows Vista

I attached a second PATA hard drive into a windows Vista Ultimate machine and initialized accidentally in the Management console. I believe it was a dynamic disk. I thought I could copy the data off the  drive, but Windows Vista Ultimate says the partition is unallocated and I didn't even intend to initialize it until I knew what I wanted to do. I need to get the data off before I do anything major liike formatting the partition. Is it too late to salvage the data? Or can I convert the drive and get anything off the drive?

Answer : Problem: Mistakenly initialized second hard disk in windows Vista

I was hoping that I would not have to format the drive to start the recovery. I had to format the disk to get Windows to recognize it, and after that I used Getdataback to retrieve the about 70% of the data. As I said though, I was hoping that I could stop doing more damage to the drive after it was accidentally initialized (there were two drive s that were being worked with at the same time and the wrong one was initalized). But I couldn't do anything until Windows could see it. Thanks for the help.

http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us