Question : Problem: How do I administer the Snap to allow Veritas Agent Depolyment?

How do I administer the Snap to allow Veritas Agent Deployment?
Snap server is used as a small SAN device for workflow. It is important for a variety of reasons that this sever remains accessible at all times.
Until recently data was backed up from it to tape using Symantec Veritas Backup Exec 10d. However when I attempted a recent Normalization of data. It failed. Upon investigation, it is login that the Agent is "not installed, not running, not the correct version.
I have tired to do a push install and it is now returning the error:
Account name or Password is not valid, please re-enter etc.
I am the network and domain administrator, I am also the local administrator of this box?

I guess it is an authentication issue?
Can anyone give me a work around?

Thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: How do I administer the Snap to allow Veritas Agent Depolyment?

This issue is purely cosmetic
A snap server by definition is a server that runs LINUS or UNIX and emulates itself as a WINDOWS box
so the media server sees it as a WINDOWS system and looks for the remote agent which is not installed and cannot be installed either as its a LINUX/UNIX ,If you install Remote Agent for Linux or Unix Server on that box  you might be able to install but that will not help you to backup the data on that system as the MEDIA SERVER (where you have BE installed) is looking for a RAWS
You can continue to backup the volumes with the License or remote error message in the logs but you will notice that it will show you a byte count and that it is backing up the data that can be restored too
you just need to installl a remote agent LICENSE on the MEDIA SERVER
refer to the following articles for more information

A Remote Agent for Windows Server license is required on a backup server to protect a SNAP server that runs SAMBA on a Linux kernel.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264525

A backup of a UNIX-based SNAP server lists an "Unable to initialize Remote Agent" error.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271106  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us