Question : Problem: Unable to enable second monitor with ATI Radeon 7000 card...

I installed ATI Radeon 7000 card on HP 2300MT desktop and I'm unable to use the on-board unit. I'm trying to use dual monitor but is unable to enable the second monitor. Any ideas?

Answer : Problem: Unable to enable second monitor with ATI Radeon 7000 card...

Hello!
When you say 'unable to use the onboard unit' -- I am assuming you mean the onboard video port.  If this is what you mean, then this port should be disabled.  If your ATI card has 2 monitor ports (I think all 7000 cards have 2 ports), then 2 different monitors should be plugged into the ATI card.  If one of the ports on the card is a DVI port - you can pick up an adapter if another VGA (smaller blue 15pin) port is needed.

If you already have both monitors connected to the one ATI card - then check Display Properties (start > [settings] > control panel > display properties > settings tab.  Here you may need to enable the second monitor.

Also, if you've not done it already - it's never a bad idea to get the newest ATI drivers from: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Good luck!
- Mike (OB)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us