Question : Problem: Can I use more than one TV tuner card at a time?

Can I use two TV tuner cards on the same computer?  I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 on a DELL XPS GEN4 computer.  But this doesn’t have an FM tuner nor the ability to both watch TV and record at the same time.  I also have a Hauppauge NTSC/ 32562 card I’ve taken from another computer.  This has an FM tuner and a TV tuner.  Can I put both of these pci cards in and make it work so that I have both watch/record capability and also an FM tuner?  
Thanks,
Al    

Answer : Problem: Can I use more than one TV tuner card at a time?

"... can't watch and record at the same time? Rubbish! "

==>  gotta add my nickel's worth here.   I suspect what he meant was you can't watch one program and record another at the same time.    You can watch a program you're recording -- but, since it's a hardware encoder card, the CPU has to decode the MPEG to display it.   Adding a second card doesn't help with this;  it still has to be decoded (the Hauppauge cards have no provision for sending an unencoded video stream to the PC).

But adding a second tuner does add a lot of flexibility -- you can then watch one program while recording another, or record two different programs, etc.    Of course you can also add even more tuners ...  My video server has six (yes, I get carried away sometimes) tuners :-)   (3 dual-tuner PVR 500's)     ... and I don't even watch TV  (at least very little)
... but I do like gadgets :-)

Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: Power outage warning via email or SMS to the IT personnel
  •  Problem: Trouble installing new Lenovo Network Controller driver after reinstalling Windows XP
  •  Problem: Windows XP Pro-sp2 does not recognize my Kingston Data Traveler 2.0 pendrive
  •  Problem: Is it possible to isolate a tape in backup exec for specific job with a tape Library
  •  Problem: Laptop to desktop connection via firewire..where are the drivers?
  •  Problem: RDP rights in win2000
  •  Problem: Will not connect to lan or internet
  •  Problem: ERROR: failed to update profile list. profile database in use. please wait for intel proset/wireless to update the profile list.
  •  Problem: Booking iPhone Events in Another Time Zone
  •  Problem: "USB Over Current Status Detected,  Computer will shut down in 15 seconds" can't figure it out
  •  
    programming4us programming4us