Question : Problem: Wake On LAN doesn't work

Hi,

I can't seem to get  Wol working on this ASUS P5LD2 motherboard. I have enabled the Wol settings on both the OS and the BIOS and it is not working. I have done this with other ASUS motherboards and they were OK. Can someone advice me what I need to chcek or the general procedure on troubleshooting the problem. I am running Windows 2000 server on this machine and it is using the onboard LAN. I saw some reference about enabling "power on by modem" in the bios on this motherboard for the Wol feature, but I haven't try it.

I know the driver properties is working within the OS as I enabled the wake up on shutdown feature and it works.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Wake On LAN doesn't work

So you're broadcasting a magic packet with the LAN adapter's MAC but the adapter is ignoring it?

Are you sure the power supply has the power available to bring up the system when it's off?
You need 1A minimum available on the +5VSB lead. Check for a label on the side of the power supply, showing outputs.
And it needs to be in 'soft off' mode... the green LED down by the USB headers at the 'bottom' of the board (if it's standing on the edge where the CPU is near the top) needs to be lit... if that's off, WOL won't work.

And yes, there should be an option in the BIOS to enable it too. If you're using the gigabit LAN adapter on the PCI express bus, the option should be called 'Power on by PCIE devices'.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us