Question : Problem: nForce 790i Raid Controller issues

Hello

I'am having issues with a particular system.

EVGA 790i FTW SLI Mainboard
2 x Asus 260GTX GFX Cards
Intel 9550 Quad Core CPU
8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM
2 x 750GB HDD setup in RAID 0 (striped) (HARDWARE)
1000W GMEPWR PSU
Antec 1200 Case
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 BIT

I had this setup working like clockwork, deliverd to customer, customer then tried to install Acronis True Image 11 to create a backup image which Acronis say is Vista 64bit ready.

According to the customer the install crashed the PC, upon reboot the following error code is displayed after POST ... Warning: have option ROM can not be invoke (vendor ID:197Bh , Device ID:2363h) then the contiues to boot into Windows where the system is very unstable and crashes on a regular basis.

I then went onsite and reset the cmos using the button on the mainboard and still got the same error Warning: have option ROM can not be invoke (vendor ID:197Bh , Device ID:2363h) I then turned of the RAID utility and the error went away, i reinstalled Vista 64bit with the RAID off and left the site.

I then recieved a phone call from the customer advising that the system is still unstable ...

Please Help.

Answer : Problem: nForce 790i Raid Controller issues

If the computer goes up to freezing, there is a good chance that the motherboard or OS is the cause.

You can try installing linux on it for a moment ( knoopix run on cd or something like it ) ...
If there is no problem in linux : Problem comes from windows driver
If there is a problem : Some part of the hardware is broken or malfunctioning
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us