Question : Problem: Unable to boot GA-P35-DS3P in RAID mode with Windows XP

I just finished assembling a new computer, and cannot get the RAID function to work.  Here are the specs:

Motherboard: GA-P35-DS3P
Processor: Intel 6600, quad core
Memory: 2 X 2GB - Gskill
Graphics card: Gigabyte 8600GT
Drives: 1 - Western Digital 36GM Raptor, 2 - Western Digital 250 GB drives
I have updated the BIOS to the latest available on the Gigabyte website, and tried installing the latest ICH9R drivers, with no success.

When RAID is disabled in BIOS, everything seems to work fine.  When I turn on RAID support, the computer goes through continuous reboot loops.  Windows starts to load, a blue screen flashes for a fraction of a second (too fast to read), and the computer reboots.  I used the drivers from the Gigabyte website to create a floppy disk to load ICH9R drivers while installing Windows using F6, and the windows installation appeared to work fine.  All three drives were recognized.  After the Windows installation finished, however, I cannot boot the computer.  I want to use the 36GB Raptor for the OS and program files, and the two 250GB drives in RAID 1 for mirrored data files.

I have heard of others having similar problems, but have not seen any real solution.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  

Answer : Problem: Unable to boot GA-P35-DS3P in RAID mode with Windows XP

PAQed with points refunded (500)

Computer101
EE Admin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us