Question : Problem: Reallocating hard drive space in Server 2003

I have a new customer who has a f/p server running Win Serv 2003.  Their D:\ partition, which is their data partition, is only like 8GB total.  (Total hard drive space for all partitions is only 27GB).  C:\ drive has about 3GB available.  Would something like Partition Magic be a good solution in this case?  I've never used it on a server.  I am going to buy a larger server SOON, but I need an immediate bandaid NOW!  THanks!

Answer : Problem: Reallocating hard drive space in Server 2003

Haven't used PM for this -- but it should work.  I have used Boot-It NG and it works fine -- I'd suggest you download the free demo, create a bootable floppy or CD, and use it  (www.bootitng.com).

If you do that, be SURE you click CANCEL at the 1st prompt (you do not want to install it on the hard drive).   Then just click OK - then Partition Work - and then you can select a partition and resize it.  You'll first want to resize the partition with extra space;  then "Slide" the other partition(s) so the free space is after them; and then Resize the partition you need more space in.   A lot of work to gain a gig or so ... but if you must have it now, this will work.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us