Question : Problem: Terminal Services Licensing

I have a Windows 2003 Server that I think is running with five terminal services licenses.  I have up to five users that will connect to the server using RDC.  The problem we get is that it will say no more licenses available, even though there are only two people logged in.  This causes a lot of frustration.

First, how do I check the actual number of terminal services licenses installed and current active connections on the server?  Second, is there a way to set a timeout on a remote connection?  I.e., if a user is inactive for 30 minutes, auto-disconnect them, thus freeing up an available connection/license.

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Terminal Services Licensing

If terminal services licensing is installed on a server, then the Terminal Server Licensing service should also be on it which you can see in services.msc.

If it's installed, then you should have a shortcut to Terminal Services Licensing in your Administrative Tools program group on the start menu of that server.  Apparently it's not an mmc but rather
licmgr.exe which you can execute from start/run.

If you've installed the adminpak.msi tools on a workstation, you should also have licmgr.exe installed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us