Question : Problem: Transfer/Copy Palm Pilot Locked applications.

I am changing from a palm IIIC to a Kyocera smart phone model 7135 running palm OS 4.0.
For a number of reasons I do not want to merely sych all my applications from my IIIC to
my phone,  but I do have two applications in particular I want to transfer badly.  One is a
password organizer and another is a spreadheet application and a few spreadsheets I have
created over the last few years.  My problem right now is these applications are locked in the
palm and it will not allow me to beam them.  Any answer/comments or advice as to another
forum or message board where I should ask this question would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Answer : Problem: Transfer/Copy Palm Pilot Locked applications.

If these are third party application s that you had installed, they should not be locked into the device. If you sync using the hotsync manager the data and its associated applications are all backed up to your computer. Search you computer for a file called address.dat. Locate the parent directory for that file and there should be another folder called "backup". Inside the backup folder you will have all of the databases
and application that are stored on the palm device. Its then just a mattter picking throush the files and transferring them to the kyocera device.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us