Question : Problem: Sync ITunes Podcast Playlist

I use my ipod mainly to listen to podcasts. When I play the podcasts from the ipod, they play individually, then stop and I have to manually select the next one. This would be ok but many of my podcasts are 1-2 minutes long, and I can't change very well driving.
The one thing that did work well was that podcasts that I listened to were removed from my ipod, which is what I wanted.

I learned I could create a playlist, sorted as I needed it, and playing the playlist on my ipod would play the podcasts consecutively. This was great, but what I would like to accomplish is this:
1. Select a podcast group and create a playlist from that (this I can do)
2. Place the playlist on the iPod
3. Have the iPod delete old podcasts that I have listened to and add new podcasts to the playlist as they come available in iTunes. I guess you could call this an Intelligent Playlist.

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Sync ITunes Podcast Playlist

The solution is this:
Setup each Podcast to download all new episodes and to keep all Unplayed episodes
Setup the iPod to Sync All Podcasts
Create SmartPlaylists with 2 criteria - Album contains part of the title and play count=0
Setup the iPod to Sync Music, making sure your SmartPlaylists are selected or Sync All
That's it. The library will keep only unplayed episodes and when you sync, the listened to ones are deleted from both the library and the iPod.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us