Question : Problem: Cannot connect a Powerbook G4 wirelessly using WPA encryption.

My wifes Powerbook G4 will not connect to a Buffalo WZR-G300N Wireless Router using WPA TKIP or AES.It will happily connect using cable, or WEP encryption, and very irritatingly, all our other PCs will happily connect using WPA (TKIP or AES).  She also has a G4 desktop which also seems to be able to connect using WPA.  The error message is not helpful - it does not say that I have keyed in the wrong pass key, merely that it cannot connect because there is a problem.  I have now tried all possible variations of settings to get this to work but to no avail.   The Airport card firmware is up to date  as is the OS, 10.4 in the latest variant.  I would be grateful if someone could give me a direction to go on this problem.

Answer : Problem: Cannot connect a Powerbook G4 wirelessly using WPA encryption.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Networking_Hardware/Wireless/Access_Points/Mac_Airport/Q__22469453.html  This is just one of many threads on this issue. I don't think anyone really knows the answer. You can spend a lot of time doing all the steps in this and other threads and (if you want more I will paste them up for you). if you simply go time vrs. money, though, as I elaborate on in greater detail towards the end of the thread posted I think the anwer is to buy a used  Apple Extreme Base station. Now that the new n models are out I bet there will be many listings on ebay soon. All your pc's will be happy as will your Macs. Or just buy a new n model. I wish I had all the time back I spent trying to get pc routers I already owned to connect properly. My favorite memory is when, out of the blue, it worked for a couple of weeks then went back to doing exaclty what your's is doing now. shheesh
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us