Question : Problem: Opinions required - Targa PC

I've been thinking for while about making my PC the hub of my home entertainment setup, but never really got around to it due to having no time or whatever (if I'm honest, I'm just lazy!!).

Anyway, to save time and no doubt lots of heart ache I've decided to look look into just buying one.

I'm thinking of going for this one:

Targa Now 8821
http://www.targa.co.uk/index.jsp?SID=0&NAV=236&DOC=&PAGE=2492&PCAT=2&PROD=452&PTUBE=10&PARAMS=undefined&PARAMS2=undefined&SPCAREA=undefined

Before I buy I'd like to know if its worth my while so here's a few questions hopefully some of you can answer.

Will this play High Def video?
The graphics card looks fairly beefy. I know it has HDMI out but I also know that doesn't neccessarily mean it can output at 720p or more in HD. I'll be downloading MKV files etc online and want to view them in HD on my HD ready and waiting Telly. (I already have the PS3 for Blu-Ray, but it won't stream the MKV files from my PC without some sort of heart breaking conversion process that I have to do manually .)

Will the built in DVB-S card be able to pick up BBCHD etc?
I'd like one that picks up and displays the HD Freesat channels.

My inferior Google skills can't find any of these details online so far, so maybe one of you guys can enlighten me.

Cheers!!

Answer : Problem: Opinions required - Targa PC

Hi,
Congratulations!! Good choice of computer!

Yes, it will play the HD Videos. This DVB-S card will receive the High quality Digital Satellite TV.  

Good Luck!!

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us