Question : Problem: Acer laptops

Could somebody please tell me how is the quality of Acer laptops these days? I am thinking of buying this Acer Aspire AS1712SMi:
http://www.shopharmony.com/product.asp?file=PRICEGRABBER&i=AS1712SMIXPH

It is a laptop with P4-3.0, 800MHz system bus, 17'' monitor, 1MB L2 cache, 1GB RAM, 120GB hard drive, DVD+W priced at about $1,900. Could somebody please criticize it for me? I realize that it is very heavy and that the battery doesn't last too long, but I am not too concerned about it. Are there any other drawbacks of  this laptop that I should be aware of?

Answer : Problem: Acer laptops

Acer's had it's ups and downs. Currently, IMO, Acer is doing well, building reliable notebooks, although they won't win many performance awards. For some reason spec for spec heads up comparisions (Acer vs Whoever) Acer usually places somewhere in the middle and beats only a few of the notebooks that are compared. Acer usually gets nods for reliabitlity, design, and battery life.

I have a 5 year old Acer sub-notebook that is still running like a champ and just won't die. The screen is still bright and clear and I didn't have any hardware issues.

As for your specific notebook, I haven't heard anything bad about it...as you pointed out the flaws are the weight and battery life, but your getting a fast CPU and a loaded notebook. The price is fair. If you really think you need all that power and the 17" screen, then this seems like a good choice for you.

weguardyou
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us