Question : Problem: Integrated audio vs sound card

Greetings experts!

I'd like to know the pros and cons of integrated audio vs sound card. I'm trying to make a choice at Dell for good quality audio, but not for a gamer (and at a middle to slightly upper range price). Please explain the pros and cons and which choice would be best. I am not a hardware expert so please explain your reasons in simple, easy to understand terms. If you post a link please summarize what the link is about.

Your expert advice is much appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Integrated audio vs sound card

hey Dd,

integrated audio will be limited compared to audio cards you can get for your PC.  But if you're not doing gaming or audio editing, then integrated would be just fine.

no l00ts from me, but i will tell you that if either your integrated or audio card stop working, you'll have to get an audio card to replace it, as you won't be able to replace the integrated audio.

If you're going to be doing sound editing, importing from other devices and such, then definitely go the card route, as you'll have better customizations (i.e. Midi in-out, 1/4" in-out jacks as well as the standard 1/8" jacks)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us