Question : Problem: Backup- \\jccdbserver2\[ROOT] Failed to read extended attributes and ACLs for /. Please review file system mount options to enable support for extended attributes and ACLs.

I have NetApp FS250 file server (NAS), that server is sharing a NFS share with a Redhat server (that used for Oracle data hosting), when I try to backup the data using the backup exec 11d (backup the NFS share) I get the following message from backup exec:

Backup- \\jccdbserver2\[ROOT] Failed to read extended attributes and ACLs for /. Please review file system mount options to enable support for extended attributes and ACLs.

Non of the files and the folders under this directory get backed up!

The NFS options in the FSTAB file are:
100.100.100.40:/vol/ora_reporting       /u04    nfs     rw,bg,intr,hard,timeo=600,wsize=32768,rsize=32768       0 0

Ive tried to use NFS3 but it is not supported by the kernel, also I tried to use cal, user_xttar options in the NFS share but also that is not supported by the NFS mount!!!

How I can backup my data???

Answer : Problem: Backup- \\jccdbserver2\[ROOT] Failed to read extended attributes and ACLs for /. Please review file system mount options to enable support for extended attributes and ACLs.

OK, that's a limitation of Backup Exec, not NMDP.

If you want reliable backups, I see only 2 options for you:

1. attach a tape drive directly to the FAS250 (supported by Backup Exec)

2. look for other backup software that has better NDMP support, e.g. Bakbone software

Or you could add some cheap local (sata) storage to your Redhat box and copy things over using scripting, then back it up using symantec.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us