Question : Problem: "Netcentre not found" when connected to the Linksys Wireless Router

Hi All,

I have Western Digital NetCenter 250 GB External 10/100 - WDXE2500JBN connected to a linksys wireless router. I connected to the wireless router Via my XP laptop. I connect the hard drive to the router via an ethernet cable. When I try to connect to the hard drive via the software I receive the message "Netcentre not found". The LAN1 light does not come on when the hard drive is connected to the router(though the cable). Although the light is on on the hard drive I cannot hear the hard disk spinning.

This used to work but just stopped one day when I reset the router settings. I have tried connecting the hard drive directly to my laptop but it doesn't seem to pick it up either (although I'm not sure if this should work)

The wireless connection is fine and I can connect to the internet.

I'm unfamiliar with hard drives and routers so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!!!

Answer : Problem: "Netcentre not found" when connected to the Linksys Wireless Router

If there's no light on the corresponding port number on the router I wouldn't be inclined to think is was something like an IP address issue. The software should be able to pick the NetCenter up by name as well as number so the IP shouldn'e make a difference. It's probably not the LAN port on the router as it doesn't work connected directly to your laptops LAN port. Have you tried another LAN cable? I'd be tempted to test the LAN port on the storage device itself as well with a cable tester.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us