Question : Problem: PC133 on a 100 MHZ computer

This may be a stupid question and if it is I appologize but I have a computer with the following specs on the Motherboard

Supports Pentium® II microprocessors operating at 233 megahertz (MHz) to 333 MHz with 66-MHz front side bus (FSB) and 350 MHz to 450 MHz with 100-MHz FSB. Features NLX form factor.
Case 15 inches ´ 17.5 inches ´ 4.7 inches (W ´ D ´ H)
Microprocessor Slot 1 connector. Support for Intel Pentium II processor with 66-MHz or 100-MHz host bus speed. Support for Intel Celeron processor with 66-MHz host bus speed.
Main memory Two 168-pin dual inline memory module (DIMM) sockets. Supports up to 256 megabytes (MB) of 66-MHz or 100-MHz synchronous DRAM (SDRAM). Supports Error Checking and Correcting (ECC) and non-ECC memory.
Chipset Intel 82440BX consisting of: Intel 82443BX PCI/Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) controller (P.A.C.) and Intel 82371EB PCI ISA IDE Xcelerator (PIIX4E)
Input/output (I/O) Control SMC FDC37M707 Ultra I/O Controller
Cache subsystem Primary, 32 kilobytes (KB) write-back cache; 16 KB code/16 KB data. Level 2 (L2) cache is integrated into the Pentium II processor cartridge with both 256 KB and 512 KB configuration, four-way set associative.
Peripheral Interfaces One parallel port, one serial port, two Universal Serial Bus (USB) ports, two Integrated Device Electronics (IDE) interfaces with Ultra direct memory access (DMA) support, single disk drive.
Mouse PS/2 mouse connector
Keyboard PS/2 keyboard connector
Video nVidia RIVA 128ZX 3D Multimedia Accelerator, 8-MB SDRAM and Video Interface Port (VIP)
Shared PCI/ISA expansion slot One PCI and one ISA slot are shared.
PCI expansion slots Three
Audio AC '97 Crystal CS4297 audio codec and Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64D digital audio controller.
BIOS Intel/AMI BIOS, Intel E28F004S5 4-Mbit flash memory, Support for SMBIOS, Advanced Power Management (APM), Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI), and Plug and Play.
Other Features Speaker, hardware monitor, Wake on Ring, Wake on local area network (LAN) Technology, small computer system interface (SCSI) light-emitting diode (LED) connector.

My question is can I put in a PC133 card or will it not run?

Answer : Problem: PC133 on a 100 MHZ computer

If you are talking about PC133 RAM, it depends on the manufacturer.  Kingston is the only one that I know of that still produces PC100 compatible PC133 sticks.  If you put a PC133 stick in a PC100 slot it will run like a PC100, same for the 66.  I suggest just buying some used PC100 sticks off ebay or at a local computer repair shop.  If you try to get something new to work in that computer, you might as well buy a new Dell for $500.

Traigo
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us