Question : Problem: Can connect from home to office network using Cisco VPN client 4.0.2 (A) on WinXP Pro, but not on WinXP Home.

I use Cisco VPN Client 4.0.2 (A) to connect to my office network from home. It works fine when connecting from a PC running Win2K and a laptop running WinXP Pro, but not on a laptop running WinXP Home with SP2. Why? All these computers are configured to the internet through a Linksys router, the laptops being wireless. The network is unsecured (I have disabled WEP). The VPN configuration on all the computers is exactly the same. I tried to connect after disabling Wndows firewall and Norton Security, but still no success. I also tried to duplicate the services Windows was runinng between the two WinXP machines, but this too didn't fix the problem. How do I fix the problem? The VPN log shows the following,

20:00:58.906  12/06/05  Sev=Warning/2      IKE/0xE3000099
Failed to active IPSec SA: Unable to enable Virtual Adapter (NavigatorQM:938)

20:00:58.906  12/06/05  Sev=Warning/2      IKE/0xE30000A5
Unexpected SW error occurred while processing Quick Mode negotiator:(Navigator:2081)

Pls. help.

Regards,
Santosh.

Answer : Problem: Can connect from home to office network using Cisco VPN client 4.0.2 (A) on WinXP Pro, but not on WinXP Home.

Just checked a client of mine and they have version 4.0.2 working fine with XP SP2, with the XP firewall disabled. So you likely don't have to update the client.

Following may be of interest to you:
http://www.peterprovost.org/archive/2004/08/12/1754.aspx
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us